If you suffer from foot pain, you know how it feels like to experience pain with each step you take. By the time most people reach 20 years of age, 80% of them have a significant degree of bio-mechanical dysfunction in their feet. Over time, these dysfunctions can result in excessive wear and tear on the joints, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and nerves of the feet and cause many common foot conditions such as bunions, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis - to name a few.
Dr Johnson successfully treats foot pain:
- Inflammation and pain are first treated. This is accomplished by using a very powerful laser over the inflamed regions which typically results in quick results.
- Ultrasound guided hyaluronic acid or natural anti-inflammatory, as well as, regenerative medicine tissues are typically used to promote the healing process.
- The patent's feet are scanned by computerized foot analysis equipment which scans the feet and identifies abnormalities within the structure of the feet. Data from the foot scans are sent to the most advanced manufacturer in the country to produce specific customized orthotics which support and allow for proper biomechanical movement needed for walking.
- The cause of most common foot pain are biomechanical in nature. Mobilization and manipulation of the joints of the feet are made to free up adhesions and scar tissue thus allowing the joints to move freely and correctly.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments are employed to insure long-term success
Common conditions treated:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs
- Morton’s neuroma
- Foot pain
The Johnson Medical Center team can correctly diagnose your foot pain and its real cause by taking a detailed history and examination. Neurological and orthopedic testing and radiographic studies may be ordered or performed if indicated. Armed with this data, he will develop a management regimen taking into consideration your specific case and needs.